We decided to go pick some strawberries. Boy were they good. They were so sweet and ripe. Yum. Just typing about them makes me want to go get some more. The kids had a fun time, too. Janiel and Wesley are picking some of the sweet berries. They had some growing like you see here, but also some that grew on the ground as well. Those on the ground were the larger berries.
Erin has her basket in hand. They thought it would be a great idea to use their Easter baskets. I did too. We took home about 10 pounds of strawberries. I froze 3 gallon Ziploc bags full and made two batches of strawberry freezer jam and still had enough to enjoy from the fridge.

Wesley is taste testing the goods. They passed his inspection.

Kara loved picking and was good at spotting the nice ripe ones. Some of them were too ripe and were squishy. The fruit flies were quite plentiful.
Wesley is taste testing the goods. They passed his inspection.
Kara loved picking and was good at spotting the nice ripe ones. Some of them were too ripe and were squishy. The fruit flies were quite plentiful.



I think maybe we should move to Florida, too! Those strawberries look SO yummy!! And there is no snow there...
ReplyDeleteHeather Haslam
You find the greatest things to do. Where was this? I've lived here 10yrs and not known to do that!
ReplyDeleteThis was at Farmer Mike's in Bonita Springs.
ReplyDelete