Erin is our talker. She is constantly talking about something. Sometimes it drives us crazy during a movie or a car ride. I don't mind if the kids ask questions. I want to help them understand. Erin likes to state to obvious (or the not-so-obvious) and then say, "Huh, Mom." At times it tests my patience, but I know that is how they learn. So I am constantly saying, "Yep" or "Maybe" or explaining. Erin came home from school the other day and said matter-of-factly, "Scientists ask a lot of questions!" She paused a second and then said, "I must be a scientist." That you are!
Then tonight we were watching the Mormon commercials online. You know the ones that say, "Family. It's about time". There was one with a dad (ignoring his phone ringing) playing with his two kids having a grand time. Brent said, "Why can't we play like that?" I responded with, "He only has two kids. Life is easier with two kids." Then Kara said, "We just need me, 'cause I'm the cutest!" She gave us all a laugh.
Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love the 'things they say'. Jaycee and I were walking home from school last week and she was telling me about her day. At one point she said "And I so enjoyed it!" A little different from the boy version of 'That was totally awesome'
ReplyDeleteWe miss you!