Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Mailbox

Our mailbox has never been stable.  My dad salvaged it from a job site.  To make it tall enough, we couldn't bury it deep.  So over the last 10 years it has started to wobble pretty good.  We went to Lowes to buy a new post and cement to anchor it in.  Then we decided to call my dad.
For close to the same amount, we could have a solid, beautiful, brick mailbox.  
We chose to go with the latter!
So my dad came over on a Saturday to help us with a couple of projects.  
He is such a pro at what he does.  He made it look so easy and simple.
I'm sure if I tried it wouldn't be straight!
 Wes worked as his hod tender.  He did end up with mud down his leg!  He is a hard worker.
 Kara, Erin and Ashleigh are supervising Grandpa.  They are also standing guard on the bricks.
 What good little helpers.
 My dad is so thoughtful.  He thinks of the small details.  He called to see if our neighbors wanted to have a double one.  Because the pattern on our house would look better on a double mailbox.  
It wasn't a good time for them.  But Dad managed to design a similar pattern.  I think it looks very nice.
 It started to downpour!  But they kept working...until they ran out of brick.  So my dad had to make another trip to finish the job.
I think it is beautiful.  It will not wobble.  Thanks Dad.

On the same day, Brent had also picked up a load of cement.  We wanted to extend our patio, so we didn't have to weed.  Dad's expertise also came in handy for that job.  It is nice to have more room for the barbecue.
 Of course they had to put their hand prints in it!
I am so thankful for a hard working dad.  He shows his love to us by the services he provides for us.  I am glad that I have him as my dad.  I am also thankful for a good husband.  Brent is a good daddy, hard worker, and a thoughtful husband.  I am glad he is mine.

2 comments:

  1. Love the mailbox and the extended patio. John's dad helped us widen our driveway in Georgia - doubling it in size and finished our whole basement. Thank goodness for dads. What will our children do...since we are hardworking in other ways just not in the building dept.

    ReplyDelete