Thursday, June 10, 2010

Key Largo, June 4, 2010

Brent has wanted to try snorkeling. So we drove down to Key Largo to go to an underwater State Park: John Pennekamp State Park. He took Janiel and Wesley and they did a snorkeling tour. They had a blast and saw some coral reefs and lots of fish and turtles. Some in their group also saw a shark. They took pictures with an underwater disposable camera. I haven't developed them yet. So once I do, I will post their pictures as well. We hope that they are just as amazing as real life. So I took the girls to their "man made" beach. It wasn't as nice as our Naples beach, but it was water. I've heard that nothing compares to the Gulf of Mexico beaches. Now I might believe that. There were just a lot of leaves and twigs and things floating in the water. The water was also kind of green. But the snorkeling was clear and good. The girls had fun anyway. We took a little walk though some mangrove trees and could stand on a sandbar. This picture is looking back at the beach. Our spot is on the left with the colorful umbrella and little cabana.
My three little buddies standing on the sandbar.
Ashleigh and Kara on a tree branch. Erin wasn't quite so daring (they were probably 4 feet up in the air).
I like it when I can get cute, natural and not posed shots of my kids. What a cute line up of girls. Not sure if I would dare to sit on that sand. There were a lot of crabs in this beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment