Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nassau, Bahamas-Atlantis Hotel

For our second stop, we went on a tour of Atlantis Hotel, water park and aquarium .  It was a huge and amazing hotel.  I can't even imagine the money that gets shuffled around that place. The middle, elevated part is a suite.  It is said to be $250,000 per night with a minimum four night stay.  Michael Jackson stayed there.  Just makes me shake my head.  
This is a famous glass sculpture, made by someone famous, with a certain number of pieces.  It was a lot, but can't remember the facts.
Some of the detail in a ceiling.
Another famous, I'm sure, glass sculpture.
And another glass sculpture.  They were really amazing and pretty.  Just can't remember details about them.
Kara, Ashleigh and Erin petting the star fish.
The huge starfish.
Jelly fish.
A shot of the hotel, up through the aquarium.
Wes trying out some Atlantis gear.
A nice close up of a shark.  Nice because he is behind glass.
This is a grouper.  He sure is ugly and huge!  Supposedly grouper is a yummy fish to eat.
Another shot of a jelly fish. Thanks Grandpa!
The beautiful but poisonous Lion Fish.
We stopped at Ben and Jerry's for an ice cream treat.
We rode a ferry from the ship to the hotel.  We got to see famous actors' vacation homes along the way. 
This is a shot of our ship at port.  It was big.  But not as big as they get!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like You guys had fun on the Cruise. And i dont think 9:30 is to late, especially if they are having fun :)
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip:) I think the glass is Chihuly if that matters. Yeah, I can't believe what people will spend money on. The aquarium looked fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can actually see you doing the head shake. ;)

    ReplyDelete