So I haven't blogged for quite a while. Life has been a little crazy. As I debated where to start, I decided to just keep going in order of events. Some of the things that have happened recently are pretty exciting, but I'll finish off our Florida adventure as it is rightfully due. Then, you can see our latest adventures.
We lived down this beautiful road. The condo neighborhood was nicely kept, but it wasn't spectacular. But Oakes Boulevard to get there had some amazing trees. So one night after Brent's graduation, we took a walk along Oakes Boulevard.
It is just wondrous to see these trees. They are Banyan Trees or also called the Strangler Fig, because they actually take a tree and strangle it with its roots. Some of the trunk can be called aerial prop roots, because they grow out then down. Fascinating.
The kids thought they were pretty fun to swing on and climb on.
Ashleigh trying her hand at being Tarzan.
Wes gave it a try as well.
Kara thought some of the roots would make a great hula skirt.
Ashleigh managed to climb up...or she might have been placed there by her brother.
What a pretty sunset through the trees.
On our walk we passed over a bridge. I thought that would make a pretty cute shot. It was pretty stinky though, as it was over some stagnant water!
What a cute shot with the palm trees. Kara wanted to sit on the wall, but it bordered a busy street and was covered with ants! But that wasn't reason enough to not sit on the wall or have a tantrum about it.
Kara in the tree!
I think I might of taken a lot of pictures because I knew of our impending move.
The bush in the middle is the one that I stole the bird of paradise flower off of. You can kind of see another bloom to the right.
Kara posing for a picture.
Ashleigh
Erin
My girls.
Janiel
Back home again to Cypress Woods.
I really do appreciate the beauty of Florida. How can anyone doubt the existence of God? Take a trip to Florida to be amazed by the beauty that was created for us to enjoy. We will miss being surrounded by green. It was a little annoying when we first moved there. You literally couldn't see what store was on the corner for the trees. But as I got to know my way around, and what was behind the trees, I really loved the thickness of the greenery and trees.



No comments:
Post a Comment