Brent, Wes, my dad and Brent's dad headed over to the storage unit Friday morning, June 29th. They loaded with the help of the missionaries. I think they got done about 1. They brought the truck to the condo to load our stuff there. My mom, Brent's mom and I were working packing in the condo. Like our previous move, the air conditioning went out! We were a little toasty in there. The owner was great to get a repairman to us quickly. So with something gone bad and fixed again, we were back with cool air. Thank goodness.
All of our stuff fit! At one point, Brent had me look up how much it cost to rent a small U haul trailer. But fortunately, it all fit.
We were so thankful that my parents were able to be our moving drivers. It was a huge relief and cost saver to have them do this for us. We priced the moving company that we had before and they had doubled in price. It was cheaper to rent the Penske, pay for gas, and fly my parents to Florida then to use ABF again. That was too bad, but I'm glad my parents were ready for an adventure.
They left June 30th about 9 a.m.
Co-captain, Grandma
Grandpa the driver
Kara saying goodbye!
I told my dad to give a good blare of the horn for our neighbors. He did it nice and long! It was a perfect way to say good bye and good riddance.
This is a view of the condo outside. We were on the second floor.
A view from the balcony. It is amazing to see how green it is.
These are the carports. Many of the snowbirds leave their cars for the summer. They just cover it. I guess if you have the money, why not own two cars and leave the one parked for half the year. I'm sure they leave their other one up north parked for the winter. What a waste. There were at least 5 in our section of the condos.
Good bye apartment, I mean condo. Thanks for housing my family for two months. You provided shelter from the rain, a place to cook dinner (indoors only), and a place to sleep. Although you were tight and cramped, you did the trick. I'm sorry that the neighbors don't know the joy of children. I'm sorry that they didn't give us a chance. The only benefit of being there was making our hearts want to leave. It was really hard to leave the wonderful people of the Golden Gate Estates Branch. They have become our family. But being not wanted in the condos helped the move be a teensy weensy bit easier. It made me want my own home where nobody can tell me my lease is up or that I have too many children.



No comments:
Post a Comment