Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stewart Falls

Brent is the adventurous type.  He loves to take the kids on adventures.  I wish I could say that they always appreciate it.  Hopefully someday they will.  Hopefully the memories will be cheerful and happy!
Over Labor Day weekend, we decided to hike to Stewart Falls.  The hike was full of beauty and wonder.
We even saw some fall colors.

 
 I love how they hold hands.  I love that they are so close to the ground that they see things that us taller people miss.
 They spotted these tiny, red ant type bugs.
 A view of the falls.
 They loved playing in the water and getting their feet wet.




 Then a couple of them decided to dash under the falls.


 A family shot---2012
A family shot---2006 
 I have to say, I like hiking a lot better when everyone can hike by themselves.  When we did it when Erin and Ashleigh were tiny, we actually rode the ski lifts up Sundance and hiked in from there.  This time we had to hike the whole way.
 Janiel is convincing Brent to run through with her.
 I took the picture too soon, you can just see Brent coming out on the left. 
 Janiel going in again.

 A beautiful view coming back.
 The girls found a couple of these cute fuzzy caterpillars.
I am so glad that Brent takes us on adventures.  It makes for great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment