Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Naples Zoo

Every first Saturday of the month, Naples residents get into the zoo for free. So I thought that the kids and I should check it out. What a crazy time. It was quite busy and we even had to park across the street at the mall. It was fun though. The kids want to go back, so we will have to reserve another First Saturday of the Month to go. The prices are ridiculous for what there is. I think adults were $20 and kids are $15. I think that is more than Hogle Zoo. This zoo is 1/4 the size. The fun part was going on a cruise around their monkey islands. They have different types of spider monkeys, apes and some lemurs. They don't have any fences. They are just surrounded by water. They stay on their islands. Janiel, Me, and Erin on the boat waiting for our trip around the monkeys.
Ashleigh, Kara and Wesley are all smiles as we are about to go on a boat ride. They really liked that part of the zoo.Erin and Ashleigh riding on a dinosaur. They had several playgrounds for the kids to climb on. That was a good break from walking. Here is one of their alligators. He was quite large. They have an alligator feeding, but we missed it. So I guess we'll have to catch that another time. There were quite a few of these large alligator sunning themselves.
We brought a lunch, saw a snake show, saw all the animals, and had a great time. The only thing we missed was having Daddy with us. He had to study.





No comments:

Post a Comment