This is the entrance to our "church". I really liked how they had a banner announcing who was meeting in this middle school. Makes me smile. As we drive past Wes' middle school, I noticed that the Lutheran church meets there. Wesley said that he knows another one that meets in an elementary school around the corner. I don't think that this would ever happen in Utah. They are too worried about mixing church and state. Here they are all just glad that people have found religion, somewhere.
This was in a store's parking lot. Kind of funny. In Utah, the seagulls flocked to the parking lots for food. Here it is large black birds and this white one. . .just hanging out on top of a car. (I should really learn the names of the local birds.)

I thought this tree look kind of exotic. It had kind of bristle-like flowers. This tree was in the parking lot of the mall. We parked there to go to the zoo. (I should really learn the names of the local vegetation.)
I thought this tree look kind of exotic. It had kind of bristle-like flowers. This tree was in the parking lot of the mall. We parked there to go to the zoo. (I should really learn the names of the local vegetation.)



So fun you are getting to see the different southern sights:) We get asked all the time if we have a "home church". Our ward used to meet in a middle school just before we got here. I think it is tough to get permission from some cities to build a church.(Causes traffic problems) We had to buy an existing one and tear it down. (It flooded when it rained)
ReplyDeleteI love to see you guys on your adventures. I love and miss you.
ReplyDelete