Ashleigh loves to catch lizards. She found the tiniest one yet! She loved holding this small guy and made a home for him in a flower pot. She was moving him to get a better picture, and he escaped, leaving his tail in her fingers. Poor little guy. Good thing he is so young and has a lot of time left to grow a new one!
A couple of weeks ago, I found a spider in the front window by the door. It was a very familiar shape with the very distinctive hourglass shape on its underside. It looked like a black widow, but it was brown with an orange hourglass. I looked up brown widows online and sure enough they are found in Florida. They are more poisonous than a black widow, but are very shy. Yuck!!!!! I grabbed the bug spray and ended her life. Sorry. Not by my house. Then yesterday, I noticed a sticky messy web by the back screen door on the lanai. Sure enough another brown widow with a nice egg sack. Then I went on a spraying spree. While I was spraying the garage, I found a huge black widow making a web behind some camp chairs. Now I have to be careful when moving anything in the garage. What is up with this? No black (or any other color) widows for 18 months and now 3 within two weeks. No thank you. Go away!
| The brown widow after I ended her life---all curled up. YUCK! |



No comments:
Post a Comment