Friday, July 29, 2011

The Nail Fairy

Almost a month ago Kara got her thumb smashed in the hinge part of the door.  It took a day or so for it to turn purple but it was very sore.  It started to grow out and become loose.  We painted finger and toe nails the other night. Later that night Kara's nail was just flapping so I trimmed it off.  She ran down stairs and got a Ziploc bag.  (Ashleigh has lost a lot of teeth lately and Kara knows the procedure!) She said, "I'm going to put it under my pillow for the Nail Fairy!"  I didn't know there was such a thing!
Freshly painted, lost nail!
Kara's new fingernail!

So I played along. . . Kara was so excited to wake in the morning to two quarters!  Not quite as much as the tooth fairy leaves, but she was happy nonetheless.   

1 comment:

  1. Never knew there was a 'nail fairy' either. Glad that we haven't needed that one to visit our house yet.

    ReplyDelete