We have had amazing thunderstorms the last little bit. I love look out the back glass doors and just watch the lightning light up the sky. The rain has been constant. With the lightning, there has been a few power bumps that has knocked out the power to the little fountain on our lake (okay, our lake that we share with 17 other houses). The fountain guy (there is such a thing here and I'm sure he stays quite busy) came and turned it back on once last week. The next day it was out again. Today, I looked out the window and it looked a little different, kind of striped. With closer inspection, I realized the alligator was sitting on top! I would have loved to see how he got up! We only have seen his head so it is exciting to see how big he is--I would guess about 4 feet. (The pictures aren't the greatest because to see him, I had to use the digital zoom. Sometimes I need one of those fancy-dancy cameras. Only sometimes.)
I walked around to the other side of the lake to get a different angle.



That is really cool! So, I'm guessing you don't do too much swimming in "your" lake. ;o) He must be eating all those fish Wes was trying to catch. Ah, the adventures you are having in Florida! Your blog is appropriately named!
ReplyDeleteSo cool! What an adventure!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't ever take a swim in that lake. Did you know there was a gator in there before you spotted him? Are there signs posted saying don't swim because of gators?
ReplyDeleteNo, there aren't signs. But I don't think I would swim in any lake in Florida. I think it might be safe to say that most lakes have at least one alligator! The alligators come and go. Sometimes we see them, sometimes we don't. So we swim at the pool or the beach!
ReplyDeleteWowza!! You are in adventure land! How exciting huh? Guess we don't have to worry about you guys doing any night time skinny dipping!! heehee
ReplyDelete