Last Sunday, Kara made another trip to the emergency room. Ashleigh and Kara were jumping from chair to chair around the dining table. Great Sunday activity, I know. Brent says, "You better stop before someone gets hurt." Just then Kara trips and smacks her face on the chair. It bled terribly-thank goodness Brent was home. After examination and some debating, Brent decided he better take her to the ER. Sure enough, she needed stitches. Her gum was cut across the front teeth, up to the top of the gums. The doctor took one stitch and tried to take another, but it just tore the tissue. Poor baby. They spent 3 hours there and got home at 1:30 a.m. No fun. Brent said she was a trooper and did really well.
![]() |
| Kara examining her stickers for braveness. |
Kara was very brave. This picture was taken the next day. You can see the cut across the teeth and up. The stitch is up at the top. Then her bottom lip was quite swollen with a sore on it too. But it healed perfectly. It is amazing that after just a week, it looks really good now. We saw a dentist yesterday and the x-rays look good too. Thank goodness.
Kara is smiling so silly because of her own little personal joke. One night we were teasing Wes about talking to girls at school. He said, "Yeah, I don't talk to my math teacher." So Kara started saying, "I don't talk to my math teacher!" and breaks down laughing. Not sure why she thinks that is so funny. Whenever someone needs cheering up she says it. Funny, funny girl.





I guess active kids get boo boos:) So glad she was brave and it healed fast!
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought the bumps and bruises came along mostly with boys! Was I wrong!
ReplyDelete