Friday, December 23, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas...

We went to Bass Pro Shop to check out their winter wonderland.  The girls were pretty shy to sit on Santa's lap (and he was a real Santa!).  Ashleigh was the only little girl that would.  Brent got to be in the picture so that Kara would too.  
The kids had fun making a craft, looking at all the toys and coloring.  
Kara and Wes

Janiel, Kara, Erin, Ashleigh and Wes

Erin

Ashleigh

Janiel

Ashleigh on Santa's lap
We also decorated a little for Christmas.  We put garland on our mailbox.  I figured the neighbors wouldn't care since both places on either side of us are vacant (thank goodness). We are the only ones that use the mailbox!
This is the tree that the kids decorated.  I sometimes think I would like a tree that is fancy.  But the kids love to decorate and redecorate.  So that is the kind of tree that we have.  Each ornament brings some sort of memory--made at school, church, given by a friend or loved one, ones that coordinate with a Christmas book (a tradition of my parents), and ones that I got from an ornament exchange. This poor tree is crammed into the only space available in our house now. 
Brent decided that he wanted to attempt putting lights on our palm trees.  He had an adventure of lights going in and out, but he got the job done!  
This is in night mode on the camera!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment