Thursday, March 1, 2012

Random Tidbits of Our Life

Our cars are falling apart.  We fixed a lot of things on them right before we moved.  But they are wearing out.  Brent just replaced the starter in his car.  Then the other day, this is what my dashboard looked like.  (Yeah, I was driving 50 when I took the picture.  I promise it was a long stretch of road to nowhere.  I guess I could have taken it when I stopped.  Hindsight!)  The service ride control is something with the shocks---that happened before we moved.  They work fine.  But both the brake and the ABS lights have come on and off.  Then the service engine soon light came on.  We had the code checked and it is some sensor that affects gas consumption.  All the lights come and go so they are hard to take seriously!  The gas gauge went through a weird stage too.  It would jump from empty to full to somewhere in between.  It might stay on full for hundreds of miles.  So now I fill up when we have gone 400 miles.  The other day I was vacuuming out the car and the battery died in that amount of time (it is a big car and was pretty sandy from the beach).  I had the neighbor jump start it for me.  Over the next couple of days it was really sluggish to start.  We had the battery, alternator and started tested.  The battery was bad.  It had lasted six years.  So we had that replaced.  We just hope that the cars will last a little longer.
 My allergies have been terrible!!!  There is a yellow film of pollen on the cars.  But when we drive around town, there are amazingly beautiful trees in bloom.  These pictures are a little hard to tell.  The flowers range from white, yellow, pink, red, and purple.  They are pretty but sure make my eyes itch and nose sneeze!

 The other day there was a showing at our house.  Luckily it was only Kara and I at home.  Kara told me she wanted to go to the library and then to WalMart.  She knew who was at the library!!

 We had our traditional Valentine's Candlelight Dinner.  The kids love the tablecloth and candles.  Their favorite part is the heart-shaped ice cubes in Sprite.  It is fun to do for them.  Brent got me some yummy looking and tasting chocolates!

 One of the little girls noticed a cocoon on the door frame to the lanai.  We watched it for a few days.  Kara checked it one day and it was empty!  We looked around and found the results.
 Another white peacock butterfly!  We took some pictures, then I was able to get it to crawl on my hand and we released it outside!

I know this was full of miscellaneous topics but that is our life the last couple of weeks!

4 comments:

  1. What fun RANDOM events of life! You make the everyday AMAZING! You and your family has been one of the great highlights of our lengthy stay in Florida. We so needed your family to be our friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we so needed your family. You have been an answer to our prayers.

      Delete
  2. The butterfly is cool looking. Those chocolates look amazing, where did he get them?
    What do you take for your allergies? I take Allegra and then a nose spray and most of the time feel better. Hope you feel better soon.
    Hope your cars make it as long as you need them to. Miss your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the chocolates are called Norman Love. They have a chocolate salon and are also located in a ritzy movie theater. I like to take Zyrtec for allergies. I miss your family as well. Your kids have grown so fast. I guess mine too.

      Delete