Right before we moved to Florida, I went to Time Out For Women with my mom, sister and sisters-in-laws: they count as my sisters. We had a wonderful and filling time. I was overwhelmed with the number of women. It did my heart good knowing that many women desired righteousness. My mom sent a picture of her and the girls at a recent one and I was sad that I wasn't there.
When I saw that they were coming to Orlando, I knew I would love to go again. This time I was able to go with my Florida Sisters.
I have been truly blessed to be in our branch. I couldn't have asked for better women to rub shoulders with. I was lucky enough to be able to spend the weekend with five of them. I could tell stories of how each of these women have blessed my life, a lot of it being by example of courage and strength.
From left to right: Amanda Russ, me, Mickisha Glenn, Marji Winder, Melanie Smith and Dana Shaw in front.
We headed to Orlando in hopes of doing a session at the temple. The drive took an hour longer than usual, due to accidents and construction. So we did some quick work. The security guard at the temple said he was going from one side of the temple to the other taking pictures for women. So we were more than happy to let him take ours. (Thanks for posting these Melanie, so that I could borrow them.)
Mickisha, me, Dana, Melanie and Marji
We heard wonderful and uplifting talks and music. The theme was Seek the Good. Many of the talks were based on forgiveness and living for today. It was a good reminder to me as a mom to enjoy the kids while I have them as children and not wish away the present. It was very touching and I am so glad that I was able to go. Once again, the number of women together for good was amazing. I think they said there was about 1,500 women there.
We stayed at a hotel not too far from the convention center. We were supposed to be in one room with two doubles and a pull out. They only had smoking ones left, so they gave us two rooms with a king and a pull out each. That gave us plenty of room to sleep and get ready in the morning. We ate dinner at TGI Fridays and boy was it good. The hotel served a hot breakfast which was also very yummy. We laughed and had a great time. I am thankful for the weekend I was able to spend away with women who I admire. I'm glad that Brent is such a good sport and took over the mommy duties for a couple of days. It turned out to be an especially busy weekend full of scouts, hockey and a baptism.



No comments:
Post a Comment