Tuesday, June 12, 2012

VPK Graduation

Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten is what it is called.  It is an amazing program in Florida.  Maybe it is in other places too.  The state pays for all 4 year olds to go to preschool.  Certain churches, public schools, and community centers provide these preschools.  I took my voucher to a community center to sign Kara up.  As I was walking in, something told me not to go there.  So I turned around and took it to Eagle's Nest Christian Academy.  It turned out to be the best experience ever.  I was blessed to have Claire Glenn (from our branch) in Kara's class.  So Mickisha and I carpooled.  It worked out great.
The teacher, Ms. Tina, was wonderful.  The whole atmosphere of the church/school was positive.  She learned a few different things: the christian pledge, a prayer/song for food, and other different Christian things.
The graduation was a big deal here too.  She had to go early to school every Tuesday for a month and a half to practice.  It was really fun to watch.
Kara's class rang bells to Amazing Grace.  It was very cute.  The kids were so serious about ringing and stopping the ring on their chests.  Very beautiful.
Ms. Tina presenting Kara her diploma.
Kara marching along.
 This is kind of funny seeing her watching her tassel as she walked.
 Kara and Claire with Ms. Tina.  It is kind of blurry because a fingerprint on the lens.  I didn't notice until after.
 What a great teacher Ms. Tina was.  She is due with her first baby in a couple of weeks!
 Our little graduate.  She told us the first time she put on the cap and gown "I looked like a teenager!"
 Claire and Kara are best of friends.



 Kara certainly learned a lot of things.  She had a lot of fun too.  I'm glad that she got to go to preschool!


No comments:

Post a Comment