Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wolford College Graduate

This is the day that we have been dreaming about for 28 months!  This is the reason we moved to Florida, the reason this blog started, the reason for celebration!  The day has arrived where Brent finished his master's degree. I am so proud of him and his dedication, integrity, and courage.  He was tested, but stood tall, maintaining his integrity.  He worked really hard, sacrificing his time with his family.  I know that was the hardest thing for him. He was successful both in the classroom and in the hospital.  I am thankful that he did this for our family.  Plus we had a great time living in Florida (even if he didn't get to enjoy it as much as we did)!!!  
We had a fun and rewarding day.  It started off bright and early.  Brent had to be to the graduation at 8 a.m. (and it was about 30 minutes away).  
Here he is settling in next to a good friend, Krishna.
Kara wanted to take a picture of Dad.  I think she zoomed in a little close.  But this is a face I love.
Here is the group shot of the graduating class!!!
These are two study buddies and life long friends that we have made while being here: Jeremy Taysom and Art Adcock.  Their families have been great friends and supports as well. 
The kids did awesome.  They waited patiently and were very quiet for the ceremony.  It was pretty neat when they had the spouses and then the children stand to be recognized.  Kind of made me choke up.  I'm thankful for my kids and their understanding and prayers for daddy.
Heading up for recognition.
The picture was dark and I tried to adjust it.  They announced where each grad received their nursing degree and where they were headed.  Brent was the only on with a degree from Idaho and the only one going to Utah.  I'm sure there were others in the crowd that wanted to go to Utah (I think seven came from Utah).  I'm thankful that Heavenly Father saw fit that we return there.
Receiving his degree from the dean, Dr. Nolan.
Standing with his hood on.
He did it!
We graduated!
Brent and Dan (a fellow Utah Valley Nurse).
Krishna was a good friend to Brent (and a tease).  Brent turned a little red.
That's better.
Brent and Dr. Nolan, one of his professors and the dean.
Since all of the kids graduated from something, we took pictures with them and a cap and gown as well.
Kara, Preschool Grad and Dad, CRNA Grad
Ashleigh, Kindergarten Grad and Dad, CRNA Grad
Erin, Kindergarten Grad and Dad, CRNA Grad
Janiel, 5th Grade Grad and Dad, CRNA Grad
Wes (silly boy), 8th Grade Grad and Dad, CRNA Grad
Mom, honorary CRNA Grad and Dad, CRNA Grad
Some shots of Brent, modeling his cap, gown, and hood.


This is half of our finished goal.  The other half Brent will take in a little over 2 weeks. Here's to passing the Board Exam the first time!!!  He is studying everyday for that.  We will be glad when that is done. 
Brent has always been a good writer.  It takes him a long time to write a paper because he is very selective of his words.  I tend to just write what ever comes to mind.  He takes time to think of words and phrases.  He had to write several papers over the last couple of years.  Many were case studies or small research papers.  He would always score high on his papers.  After his last paper, this is the comment that he received from his professor.

Brent this is really an interesting case study. I have not read any papers on this subject, so it was read with great interest and anticipation of learning. I thought you correlated the case and the research very well. It was really an eye opener to me, as I just am not that familiar with the new technology. Well done and very informative.

Brent this is the second paper that I have read that shows that you are a very diliigent student. I have enjoyed reading the two papers and have always found them valuable in my own learning experience. I am sure you are relieved to have the papers come to an end.
Brent you really have applied yourself during your time here at Wolford. You only had one and I mean one fault...you did not believe in yourself! I think you are so talented and so vigilant in your assessment and practice. I think you are allowed to have confidence without feeling that the other shoe will drop! Being cautious is admirable and necessary in the world of anesthesia. Enjoy your new career Brent! Continuous learning is inevitable and required. You have all the makings of a great CRNA and you will be an added addition to the group you are joining in Utah.It has been a long arduous journey, but the future holds great promise for you as well as extreme enjoyment in the profession you worked so hard to attain. It has been an honor and a privilege to be a part of your education. I wish you and your family all the best! Barb



I thought that was very nice of her to write.  I remind him of it when he is doubting.  We are excited for our next adventure. Two and a half weeks left of Florida.  I think I am sad and excited.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brent! That is so exciting. I am so excited to have you guys come back to Utah. I love all the pictures. Way to go Nicole you are such an amazing person you deserve so much credit for all the support you gave him. I love those comments from his teacher that is so true. Brent is such a great guy. What a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your family has been a blessing in our lives. What would we have done without you these last two years! A wise person knew that if we were going to still be here in Florida - Macey needed Janiel and I needed you! And we needed the whole bunch of you as well.

    What - no graduation cap on you?! We might have to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your graduation! So awesome that it's finally done. Wish our family could have celebrated with yours.

    ReplyDelete