Saturday, October 8, 2011

Barefoot Beach

 I decided it had been too long since we had gone to the beach.  Brent worked really hard all week, so I convinced him that it would be okay to spend the evening at the beach.  We went to Barefoot Beach as soon as the kids got home from school. To get to the beach, we have to drive through millionaires neighborhood.  I got some pictures of houses, but you can see my reflection in the window.  Not too cute.  So this is a look at the bricked paved road to the beach.  
 It turned out to be a very windy day at the beach.  The waves were big.  Ashleigh especially loved jumping in them.

 The pelicans were flying low that day too.  This picture shows how close they flew to Wes in the water.  They are amazing birds to watch.  Have I said that before?  They are so large and are amazing fishers.  
 Kara is all about spelling and learning her letters.  I think going to school and having her sisters go too has sparked something in her.  So the first thing she did at the beach was to write my name and a heart in the sand.  She used a seed from a mangrove tree to write with.  No matter how I tried, I couldn't get my shadow out of the picture.  
The things hanging down from this Mangrove tree are the seeds.  We have seen some that are over 12 inches long.  They  float, grow roots, and eventually grow into trees.
 Ashleigh and Erin found this log.  Erin was very funny.  She came over and told Ash how to pose for the pictures.  I took quite a few, but will spare you the beauty pageant.

 This is a cute picture of our Janiel and you can see a funny shot of Brent in the waves behind!
 Kara and Erin spent a lot of time collecting shells and building a sand castle (which I didn't get a picture of).

Ashleigh running down the beach.

Erin digging in the dirt like a dog.

It was so breezy, Janiel thought she could fly.

Ashleigh wanted in on some of the flying action too.
 We are always rewarded with a beautiful sunset at the end of the day.  The beach was pretty empty the whole night until 20 minutes until sunset.  Then a lot of retired couples came to watch the sunset, some with wine in hand (and they still chose to park their chairs close to us).  

1 comment: