Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our family and friends in Canada celebrated Thanksgiving today.  For several years now, I have also prepared a Thanksgiving meal on Columbus Day.  Who doesn't like to have a nice turkey meal more than once a year?  So our preparations started early (in our PJ's) with pies, rolls (or buns as Canadians call them), and stuffing (or dressing).  Kara wanted to help so badly with the pies.  So why not?  The other girls were off to school so it was just her.  Sometimes three wanting to help is a little overwhelming.
Nice picture in pajamas and a nice tower of recycling items in the background.  Can we stack it any higher?  I did take them out today.

I thought she did a great job doing the edges (I have to admit there wasn't a lot of dough to work with)!  So cute to see her chubby little fingers at work.  
We were meeting our friends and their returned missionary son at the airport tonight.  Brent ended up having a late class, so we ate without him, met him with their van, hurried to the airport, and had a fun reunion for Macey and Parker.  Brent did get to have a plate of dinner in the car on the way home.  
(More posts on our Macey adventures later.)
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you up North! 

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of you guys today. I thinking Nicole is probably baking away. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete