Friday, February 3, 2012

Broken Fountain

Our fountain hasn't been working the last week.  The past couple of days two birds were drying their feathers on it.  They stand with their wings open to warm themselves.  I should have taken a picture of them.
Then today, I looked out and look who is propped up on the fountain.  (The picture is a little blurry because of the digital zoom.  Can't get very close.)  He has been there all morning.
 I looked out again.  I'm pretty sure this is the same bird that was drying out yesterday.  It might just be looking for lunch, but it has been swimming around the fountain for at least 30 minutes now.  I think he wants his spot back but isn't willing to share with Mr. Alligator.  
A little update:  I just saw Mr. Bird get out on the shore to do his drying business since Mr. Alligator wasn't moving.  Nature made me smile today.

P.S.  Aren't those nice trailers we get to look at now?  They used to be the sales office for Summit Place.  They tore them out and moved them here. Not sure what they are going to do with the space they moved from or what they plan to do with the trailers.  So trashy looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment