Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello, Beach. It's been a while...

It seems like quite a while since we have made time to go to the beach or the weather has permitted us to go.  Saturday looked like a good day.  Then I got notice that our Realtor was doing an open house from 10 to 2 on Saturday. (Have I mentioned that the house we are renting is for sale?  I can't remember if I have. The new owners of Summit Place are developers and don't want the hassle of rental properties.  They want to finish the unfinished portion of Summit Place.  Lucky us.  We've had 6 showings and 2 open houses.  Luckily, it hasn't sold yet.  We are crossing our fingers that it either sells to an investor or doesn't sell until July. The Realtor knows our situation and says she is watching out for us.  I only believe it until she gets an offer.  She said that they are also using our place as a model for the four bedroom plan as my house is so clean and "impeccable".  Wouldn't you make it that way if you knew people were walking through looking at your house?  I wouldn't want an investor to buy the house and kick us out because we are slobs!) 
That made it a perfect day to get out of the house.
Erin and Ashleigh testing the waters.
 The water was chilly, but the girls didn't care one bit.  The sun was shining and it was a warm day to be at the beach.
Kara getting ready to make my "cake".
 They spent a lot of time digging and building in the sand.  But they also went and jumped the waves.  Brave girls.  I sat on my chair, under the umbrella, and watched.  I love the ages of my kids and that they have each other.  Perfect for sitting on a chair and watching.
Kara adding some special ingredients to my cake.
 Wes hasn't been into the beach lately.  Not sure why.  Maybe he needs a new swimming suit?  (Like a teenage boy would admit to something like that.)  He didn't even put his on.  He decided to walk to the Naples Pier.  It took him about an hour and a half round trip.  When he got home he looked up how far he walked: 6 1/2 miles!  It kept him busy at least.
If you look in the distance, you can see the pier.

Ashleigh working on her sand castle.

Janiel making her drip castles.
 We walked down to some rocks by this pipe.  The girls thought they were so cute posed on the wood.  They are pretty cute!

 It turned out to be a great day for the beach.  It was busy, but not too bad.  We even got some sun on our cheeks.  I did use sun block, but forgot to reapply.  There is nothing like 85 degree weather in February.  I think we might miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment