With the warmer weather, I figure we better get in as much beach as we can. I don't want to leave and regret not going more often. So for President's Day, I decided to check out the farthest South beach that we can drive to on our side of Florida. That is South Beach on Marco Island. It seemed to be a hoppin' place with lots of tourists. The sand was quite a bit more coarse and filled with bits of shells. It was really windy and had huge waves. A couple of surfers even came to catch the waves. We usually don't see waves big enough to surf. The kids didn't care and enjoyed it. We had an extra girl with us. Erinne (or the "Neighbor Erin" as Kara calls her) is a neighbor with a single mom. So on days off, we often have her over. She found a sea urchin right away.
Our Erin wanted to take some pictures of the waves:
We brought tubes so they could catch some waves. Boy did they sail!
Wes and Ashleigh playing catch with the paddle ball---I think the paddles have seen better days.
Erin and Janiel warming up in the sun.
Towards the end, star fish started washing up on the shore. The girls would bring them to me to see, then go and toss them back. They said they found 12, but I'm wondering if the same 4 kept washing up.
Kara looks a little chilly!
It was cool to see some of the star fish and where they were growing their legs back. Pretty cool. It was a new beach experience for us!
I'm glad we checked that beach out, but we probably won't go back to that one. The other beach on Marco Island is better. We love the beach.



That is great you are still discovering new stuff at the beach:) The twin egg and leap day milk made me smile too:)
ReplyDelete