Friday, February 10, 2012

Nature

I just cleaned the pictures off my cell phone.  I had a few of different things in nature here.  I don't usually carry my camera, so it is handy to have one on the phone.  
I thought this tree was very pretty with its fan type leaves.
 Close up of the above tree (couldn't find the name of the tree).
 The girls found this fluffy pink flower at the park. There are some amazingly beautiful plants here.
 A nice sunrise one morning.  The phone camera didn't do it justice though.
 Wes found this bug at the park.  Kind of gives me willies just looking at it.  Don't even know what that is.  It was huge.  The pole it was on was a typical playground/climbing structure pole.  There are beautiful things here in Florida and not so beautiful.  Got to have opposites, right?
 Our branch meets at the park for a playgroup once a week.  It is fun for the kids to play and the moms to visit.  Here most of the kids got on one teeter totter.  There must have been no school that day because Erin is in the picture.  Paizley, Erin, Kara, Ansel, Claire, Garrett and Wyatt.  What a fun group of kids.
Boy, I'm going to miss the beauty of Florida.  I know that there is a different kind of beauty in Utah and in the West.  But when the weather is warm and humid for most of the year, it provides the perfect chance for flowers to be seen all year long.  I think I am also going to miss seeing creatures all the time.  Right now, looking out my window, I can see an alligator, four little turtle heads, one turtle sunning on the shore, two white herons, some doves, vultures circling, butterflies, and little fish making circles on the lake. And it is the middle of February!  We'll just soak it in while we can and get the most of the next 4 months!

1 comment:

  1. You are a great blogger! I look everyday to see if you have a new post (because heaven knows I don't). Love reading how you word things just right. Always so positive and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete