We kind of took it easy for a couple of days. Between needing to catch up on some laundry (a trip to the beach is equal to at least one batch of laundry!), some house cleaning and some baking, we stayed pretty busy at home.
The kids were craving something sweet so we made homemade Oreos! Yummy.
For our primary Easter egg hunt, I was assigned to bring fruit and muffins. One of the young women in the branch was taking the party on for a project. So I let her do it!!! My counselors couldn't make it, so I just had to bring the food and candy. Not too bad.
I decided to make mini muffins that would be just right for the little kids. They were easy since they came from a box!
There was a lot of make up and dressing up going on.
A little critter finding. Ashleigh is the brave one to catch the frogs and lizards.
Kara says, "I like spiders! I like to smash them!"
Kara got a hold of the camera and took a dozen self pictures. I liked this one because you can see her cute eyes!
I love the girls' art work. It makes me smile. I especially love that they can spell and they love to spell, "I love you, mom and dad." My room has become the art gallery. I think it is so cute that they are so proud of their work. Here are some of their recent works of art hanging in my room.
Kara's hand prints with abstract string and tape designs:
This one is by Ashleigh.
Brent has a cork board in our room. Can't say I love it there, but it is better that he has the board than just pinning the papers to the wall! It has become full of the papers and notes that he feels are important. Kara has also found it to be quite handy. She will post her artwork there as well. I think it helps Daddy to smile to see Spot the dog, paper doll girls, and Dad, I love you notes.
We had more make up and some game playing.
Kara must be losing the game. But look at the luscious lips and eyes!
The kids enjoyed the down time. They love just playing in their rooms, coloring, playing the computer, riding their bikes and playing games. It gave mommy a chance to do some laundry and cleaning.



No comments:
Post a Comment