Friday, April 6, 2012

Good News and Bad News...

As I have been thinking about our recent news, I realize that both could be considered good and bad.  Depending on the perspective of it all.  
First news: We vote it to be good news!!!  Brent has a job back in Utah!!!!  We know this is a blessing.  There are no job openings for CRNAs in Utah.  He had a former coworker keeping his name up front reminding the others that Brent was almost done and hoping to come back to Utah.  We are so excited that he gets to work with the people that he did before we came to Florida.  He will be working at Lone Peak Anesthesia!!!  This practice will be good for Brent (and our family).  He will work in two hospitals and two surgery centers.  The pay is competitive and the benefits are marvelous.  One of the drawbacks is that they are only hiring for part time.  He is guaranteed to be full time in three years.  They say they are busy enough, but want to under promise and over fulfill.  But even being part time, he will be making slightly more than he was being a nurse.  We are excited to go back to our family and friends (and house) in Lehi.  
This is bad news for those who we have come to love in Florida.  Sorry. 

Second news:  Our vote on this one is bad news.  We get to move twice in the next three months!!!  (That was hard writing the exclamation points or as Kara calls them "escalation points").  Our Florida townhouse has sold. Our lease ends April 8th.  We are not protected beyond that date (our property manager/realtor kept avoiding the lease extension.  I have proof that I asked at least twice).  The new owners sold their house and have to be out by May 1st.  So in turn, we have to be out of this one by April 30th.  It stinks and I am so mad.  I don't understand why the realtor couldn't say that this wasn't available until July.  Or why I cleaned so well for showings that it looked like a good place to live.  (I wanted to make sure investors wanted to buy it so we could rent from them!)  I could go on and on about how unfair it is, but in reality, it hasn't solved anything yet. We tried many different avenues to stay: offering more money to the new buyers and asking for another house within Summit Place.  None worked.
There seem to be plenty of rentals around.  Our only hang-up is getting a landlord to agree to a two month lease. After calling a dozen realtors with rental leads, I called our faithful realtor from the first.  He was upset that we weren't granted a 60 day extension.  He said it isn't a big deal to do that and it is done all the time.  He said this time of year is the busiest for annual rentals.  All the sun birds head home in April so landlords are wanting to rent for the year.  He told me to look on vrbo.com or Vacation Rentals by Owners.  I did and hit the jackpot!    These are homes that people own, live in for part of the year (usually the winter months in Naples), then rent out on the months that they don't want to use it.  They are fully furnished, include utilities and cable/internet, and use of the community amenities!!  They are really expensive from September to April.  In May, the price drops in half.  Lucky for us, that is when we need it.  So we will be saving about $150 both months.  I found one in a golfing community with the balcony overlooking the 17th hole!  It is really nice and should do the trick for our Vacation Condo!  You can check it out here. http://www.vrbo.com/254643 What a way to end our stay in Florida!
The one and only good news of this is that I will have boxes already packed for June's move!

1 comment:

  1. We have been praying and praying for Brent to find a job in Utah!!! We should have been praying for a lease extension too. I wish I could come and help you pack boxes and clean your house and grump about realtors. Mitchell is sooo excited to have Wes coming home. And Jaycee can't wait to see her friends again as well. We'll take the good with the bad.

    ReplyDelete