In preparing to move, we have gotten rid of some things. Some toys the girls (and big boy) say they are done with, or toys mommy says they are done with, clothes they have grown out of, and other things we will no longer need. I have had some success on Craig's List. I had a record sale for me. Our "vacation condo" is furnished and has a washer and dryer. So we didn't need to keep the ones we bought last year. So I listed them at 9:30 a.m., had a call by 10:30 a.m., and the people came at 1 p.m. Gone in less than 4 hours. I had two other calls wanting them as well. We bought them for $150 and I sold them for $100. Maybe I should have listed them for more. But sold is better than more money.
Two problems of selling them so quick was that there were clothes in the dryer that weren't quite done and I hadn't done the whites. The people waited for 20 minutes or so, then we just took them out. Brent hung a rope in the garage and I felt like a pioneer! Good thing we aren't in high humidity yet. They wouldn't have dried in June. Then Mickisha was kind enough to let me use her washer and dryer today so we could have clean whites.
We are just about all boxed up now. Just a few last things in the kitchen. Almost ready for the move on Saturday.



Looks like a lot of work! I am so excited to have you home. I miss you!
ReplyDeleteI love craigslist!!! It is way better than a garage sale:)
ReplyDeleteI only don't like people that don't show up and the spam I've gotten for a $5 kids bike. Other than that it is good to help find homes for unneeded items!
DeleteGreat job on the sale. Where are you moving to?
ReplyDeleteFirst we are moving to a vacation condo down the street (the realtor of this house was inconsiderate and wouldn't let us stay for two more months). Then in July we are moving back to Utah! To my house to a great job!
Delete:( Need I say more!!! But we will come see you!
ReplyDeleteWow you are amazing. Looks like a lot of work. I hope you enjoy your stay at the condo. Looks like so much fun. Good luck and see you guys soon.
ReplyDeleteYou should start a blog on professional moving tips, because you guys have got to be professionals by now! lol! Can't wait till it is the move to Utah, but enjoy this last little bit and more adventures!! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThis, too, will give you experience. Know there are at least 40 family members praying for your success. Love you. Love your. Blog.
ReplyDelete