Our baby turned six years old on June 18th! It is hard to believe. She wanted a beach party too, like Janiel.
So we made invitations...
She was so excited. She wrote a countdown on our family whiteboard.
(Kara's Party is in 1 Day)
I wanted to decorate her room for her birthday. I'm not great at decorating, but I had fun making some things.
She loves to hang her class work on the walls...with tape.
So I made her a board with clips for her art work. That way, when she has something new, she can rotate the art. It has worked great!
Some before pictures:
(We had rearranged her room, so some of the pictures look odd and not centered with anything.)
And after:
These are three of the nine botanical prints that I made. Remember the post here?
(My brother Jonathan framed them for me. I think they look pretty cute. I also put three in Janiel's room and have three more for the living room.)
I found the comforter at WalMart. It has her favorite color purple and the pink of her walls.
I made the pillows to decorate her bed with.
I saw the dust ruffle online. I couldn't believe they wanted $200 for it. So I made my own for around $15.
Seeing her room for the first time.
Yeah, I think she likes it!
She wanted a beach cake. So some brown sugar sand, sour patch kids to play, and some umbrellas did the trick.
So I decided I didn't want to reinvent the wheel. The age group was totally different that Janiel, but most of the games and crafts worked for Kara too.
So they decorated flip flops.
(And we decorated with fish and nets again. Getting my use out of those dollar store finds.)
We played musical islands, again.
And the beach dress dash!
She had fun opening presents. Look at them all so well behaved!
Of course we had cake and ice cream.
We played pin the coconut on the tree.
And we had a Sunshine Pinata.
Didn't take any pictures of the pinata. I was too busy controlling traffic. Since we finished the ceiling in our basement, we had to do it in the garage. So the garage got a good sweeping.
Then the festivities continued that night.
With presents from Grandmas and Grandpas.
And mom and dad.
What a happy birthday smile. We love our little Kara boo.



No comments:
Post a Comment