Friday, September 20, 2013

More Birthday Celebration

When we got home, I had some beautiful flowers waiting.
 They even put some in a vase Wes had made at school.
 We decided to have a friend party for Janiel this year.  I don't really like doing parties, but the kids love them.  So I do them.  We decided to have a beach theme.  We played games and had dinner.
Little Teddy Graham floating in his tube. 
 Some umbrellas and fishies too.
 Found this on sale at the grocery store.  It has come in handy a couple of times now!
 Brent made smoothies to go with dinner.
 Yummy fruit, hamburgers (that were NOT so yummy), hot dogs and chips.
I was trying to run games and cook the hamburgers.  They got a little crispy.  Okay, really crispy. So I think most everyone had hot dogs instead.  What a time to burn the barbecue!
 Flip flop nutter butters.
Fish and netting decorations.

 They decorated flip flops for part of the party too.

They played beach dress up dash.
They had to race down to the sidewalk, put on all the gear in the bag, race back to the line, undress, and pass the gear to the next in line.
They were good sports.

 
 We played musical islands too.
While the music is playing, you swim around the "islands" or hula hoops. When it stops everyone needs to get on an island.
  After each time, an island disappears!
  So that makes for squishy islands!
  Kara was my lovely assistant that collected the islands.

 We had a seashell dig.  The girls liked collecting the shells.  We are still finding shells in the sandbox!  
 Tiger Lily enjoying the sun.
 And of course, present opening...

 And wish making...
Happy 12th Birthday to a sweet daughter!  We love our Janiel.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun theme and cute desserts! Looks like everyone had fun.

    ReplyDelete