Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Girls are Silly!

I have to say that the three little girls can be quite silly sometimes.  I am glad for that.  It makes our life fun and helps us to remember to smile.  It also shows that they have a great imagination!  
We saw Tangled for the first time when it came to DVD.  I really liked it and the girls absolutely loved it.  They watched it quite a few times.  Erin got a great idea how to pretend to be Rapunzel.  She had me tie a blanket to her hair.  She picked a great one that resembled Rapunzel's hair.  Ashleigh thought it was also a good idea-but we only had one "hair-like" blanket.  So she chose her next favorite.  They ran, bundled it up, had it flow, and curled it up to sleep in.  (Apparently, we were getting ready to go to swimming lessons!)

Rapunzels, Rapunzels, let down your long hairs!
 The girls are great at getting along.  Usually two pair off to play and the third is fine to play alone.  I am glad for this, as they rotate who plays with who.  They all love each other in the end.  It usually works out.  The next silly story involves Kara and Erin.  They disappeared for a while, then came back decked out in all the panties in the drawers.  They also had some socks.  (I don't think they really know what to do with socks.  They usually wear flip flops here.)  They did this twice.  The second time, Ashleigh was involved, Melanie was over sewing TREK bonnets, and they choreographed a dance to go along with their silly outfits.
Silly buddies!

Aren't we silly!
Doing some dance moves!

My funny girls.
 Ashleigh got a great idea to make elf hats.  It is April, but okay.  She worked really hard to make a Santa hat, including cotton balls.  Kara and Erin made one too.  Erin wasn't too happy with the way hers turned out. . . so then a tantrum and no more play.  Then Ashleigh kept going.  She made a beard, then a belt.  She stuffed a pillow in her shirt to fill it out.  What an imagination!
Santa and her helper.

Ho ho ho!

Ashleigh's creation.

Kara, the little elf.
I told you!  They are silly girls.

2 comments:

  1. The 'undie' dance was a riot! They do have great imaginations. So fun for them to have each other! What great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great imaginations. They should get along with Brooke great! There was a girl at the library the other day who had several rags tied together and trailing behind her... I am pretty sure she was Rapunzel too. After Brooke saw Tangled, she requested "one pony tail down my back" I tried, but it didn't quiet flow down her back. She also giggles during the movie when the little girls braid Rapunzel's hair. Such a fun movie:)

    ReplyDelete