Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not Wrong, Just Different

I took the girls to the new house to do a walk through.  They asked me what we were doing.  I told them we were looking for anything that was wrong.  They pointed out a few things like: toilet paper holder on the wrong wall, light switch in wrong spot, soap dish on wrong wall,  wrong glass in the shower.  I told them, those aren't wrong, just different.  
But I have some things to add to the list that are different and wrong.  
What about carpet in the dining room?  WRONG!!! 
Not sure what to do with carpet under the table.  We thought we could kind of protect it with our rug.  I'm not sure I like it.  Hmmmm.
 Cupboards that are a lot shorter?  WRONG!!!

 The main differences are in the kitchen: white appliances instead of stainless steel (no more finger prints!), Formica instead of granite (sad), white cupboards that are too short (what am I supposed to do with 2 feet above the cupboards?).  But other differences are noticed as well.  Carpet instead of wood (sad) and a lake view instead of a preserve view.
Before
After


Before


Before

After
We had a few glitches with the move.  The a/c didn't work, the cable and internet didn't either and Brent's car stopped running 1/2 way between each house.  The a/c might not seem to be a big deal in April.  But in Florida it is.  After a weekend of 84 degrees inside (it was over 90 outside-poor moving help), we have the a/c working now.  It was the coil that was on back-order.  So the repair guy took the one from next door (which is being used as the developer's storage unit). 
The internet turned out to be some cables that were screwed in the wrong spot.  Who knew!  
The car is being fixed today and then we should be up and running again. The car's timing belt broke.  It was replaced 1 1/2 years ago, but the repairman didn't replace the bolts, so it broke again.  I am irritated about that!  Oh well. 

2 comments:

  1. What a week it has been for you! And now I'm roping you into helping me prep material for TREK skirts and sew bonnets! You are amazing - a real trooper! Ah, a pioneer yourself just in modern day! Love ya. So glad to have you for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are in your new place, but sorry it's so different from your last place and I'm sorry you had to move at all, such a stinky deal.

    Either way, hopefully you can be comfortable enough with this house for the rest of your stay in Florida. By the way, where are you moving next?

    ReplyDelete