Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Swimming Lessons

 For as much time we spend in the water, we decided that the girls should learn to swim.  Ashleigh was doing quite well on her own.  I signed them up for the same class, but Ashleigh was able to move a head to the next level, luckily the classes were at the same time.  The first lesson, Erin saw her teacher.  She turned to me and said, "My teacher is supposed to be a girl, with a curly ponytail and sunglasses!!!"  I'm sure she was picturing a lifeguard.  Instead she got Mr. Rich.  Quite the opposite of her vision.  He was a wonderful instructor.  They learned a lot and he was perfect. Two other families in the branch also signed up for the same class.  I didn't know, but it was fun to have someone to visit with.
Paizley, Erin, Kara and Mr. Rich.
 Ashleigh was quite sad the second lesson when she was moved to the higher level.  She wanted to be with her sisters.  After some convincing, she decided that it would be okay to let Mr. Andrei teach her.  She did awesome.  
Ashleigh swimming to her teacher.

Ashleigh swimming back.

Kara in the water.

Kara loved the noodle and kicking her feet.  She also loves to "breathe under water".
 I guess for the last class, they let the kids go down the big slide at the park.  They hiked all 15 kids up to the top of the slide.  Only 4 went down.  So they had to hike the others all the way back.  My girls were included in the chicken group.  Then they offered to let them jump off the diving board.  I think I would rather slide then jump.  But no!  Erin and Ashleigh both wanted to jump off the diving board.  What brave girls.  None of the kids would jump alone, but wanted to be tossed off by Mr. Andrei.  Ashleigh went clear down and took a minute to surface-but she loved it and went again.
Ashleigh jumping!

Erin jumping!
We will start another session next week!  Then they will be real fishes!

1 comment: