Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wes' Goal

So this is a picture of a different goal, at a different game, in a different season, in a different state, playing a different kind of hockey, but I thought you might enjoy a picture.  Goals are coming a little easier for Wes now.  Back in Utah, he was usually on the losing team (there were two teams).  Not that winning or losing matters, but losing gets old after awhile.  The team almost seems to give up.  Wes is loving roller hockey.  He was on the losing team last season, but enjoyed himself.  He liked his coach, and loved the game.  This season, he is on the winning team (for the first time in his life!)
Wesley and his victory dance-Winter 2008
He has scored many goals, but we haven't captured one yet.  A few games ago, he scored a goal that made his coach proud.  It was also funny to hear his last coach talk.  He said that goal was one that if caught on tape would be one to play over and over-even when Wes was old and gray.  So I had Wes write how it happened (okay, I made it more than one sentence and fixed punctuation and spelling).
"On a break away I shot the puck.  It bounced off the goalie.  I got it again and skated around the net.  I tripped and shot from behind the net.  The puck bounced off the goalie's skate and went in."
Wesley has two more games and the play offs.  He in on the Canucks team-Current Leader.  Good Job, Wes!

2 comments:

  1. You may already know this, but Lance told me your butterfly is called a White Peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find out yet. Thank Lance for us!

    ReplyDelete