Thursday, June 16, 2011

Goodwill=Good Buy

In the last couple posts (here and here) about bike riding, the girls are shown not so happy in their trailer.  The poor things have just grown too much and I can't imagine why the three of them don't fit in a two seater trailer (especially when they are wearing extra large helmets).  Try pulling the thing!  It is quite the workout pulling 115 extra pounds!  Our last trip, Brent put them on his bike-probably so we could go a little faster!

We decided it was time to get them some two wheeler bikes.  They have Barbie tricycles.  They can go amazingly fast on them too.  But it was time to move up.  We looked for some bikes just at Target and WalMart.  WalMart had some for $50.  But $50 times three is $150.  Not reasonable right now.  So I have been checking the Goodwill.  At one I found a Spiderman bike.  Erin said that would be okay.  But I opted to keep looking.  
 Today with some good luck, I was able to find three kid sized girl bikes at the same Goodwill.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  They were all parked in a row, with our names on them.  Each girl fell in love with a different one, luckily.  Now here is the amazing part---the grand total for the three was $33.  Can't beat that.  The cashier said that Saturday would be 1/2 price day, but I couldn't risk waiting.  And I wasn't complaining about the price, either.  We had to pump up a few tires, use Goo-Gone on some stickers, and replace a missing pedal.  We luckily had a bike here that needed two new tires and a new seat, so we just used it for parts.  So a pedal off that bike worked great-and Kara likes that one pedal is pink and one is blue. I even offered to change the other so they would match.
 Kara is all smiles and quite serious about learning to ride her new bike (for $10).  Alli is checking out the new bike.  We have Macey and Alli here while their mom is at girls' camp.
 Erin's might be a little small, but she was in love with the purple.  So for $7, we can wear it out for a couple of months and then maybe upgrade!
Ashleigh was so excited to find the Disney Princess bike.  We splurged at $15 for hers!  She helped scrub and polish the bike.  She doesn't even want to have training wheels on.  So we practiced for a little bit, until I was too hot and sweaty-it is 96 here today with some humidity (70%)!  
Thank you Goodwill for making my day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is an amazing deal. They are getting so big. The girls look so excited. Have fun on your biking trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a find!!! It is so evident Heavenly Father is aware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Goodwill finds!!!! You were lucky to find 3 at once:)

    ReplyDelete