Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Family

Growing up in a large family was always an adventure.  There was always someone there for you.  Sometimes they were there when you didn't want them to be. I remember telling my dad that it was time that I had a shower alone.  My family consists of 4 girls and 6 boys.  Three girls came first, followed by one boy, another girl, then five boys.  I loved to help my little brothers and I fondly called them "my boys".    I am second oldest and was married when my baby brother was 4. So I was gone out of the house for most of my brothers growing up years.  I was lucky to have my sisters close in age to me so that I did have that friendship.  Although, I feel that my sisters and I are closer now than when we were kids.  All but one brother is married now and that makes for double the love and help.  I love all of my sister-in-laws just like sisters.  We were excited to come home to be back at family gatherings, to hear of stories (real and exaggerated), to celebrate successes, and to be around cousins.  Coming from a large family has its benefits.
As we pulled down our street, the Penske truck was parked in the driveway.  All the family was there unloading the truck.  Many of the neighbors were there as well.  They had the entire truck unloaded by the time we got home.  The furniture was all in the right rooms and the boxes were neatly stacked in the garage.  I should have taken a picture of the family doing that.  I was so glad to be by family that I didn't think of pictures of the family.  
I love my family.
But that was only one tiny chunk of their service to our family.
Our renters moved out June 20th.  This gave my family time to work their magic.
I'm not sure all that was done and who did what.  They aren't telling.
All I know is that many hours were spent in our behalf. 
Look at our cute front door!  The cutest one on the block.
 We definitely didn't need a sign.  We felt welcome.
I love my family.
 My family painted the whole entire house.  This included the baseboards and doors!  Each room was assigned to a family and they did a fabulous job.   The house was scrubbed and cleaned.  The carpets were freshly cleaned.  It was very nice to move in to.
I love my family.
They had made cute signs for each bedroom door, signed lovingly by the aunts, uncles and cousins.
 Kara in her cute pink room.

 Erin and Ashleigh's room is a cute blue.

 Janiel's room is lavender.
 Wes kept his color of tan.

 




And my mom, sister and sister-in-laws decorated my bathrooms.  I love them (my sisters and the bathrooms).  In fact, they are my favorite rooms of the house, partly because of the love and partly because they are so cute.  I wish I could pay them to do the rest of the house!  Our bathroom and bedroom are this cute yellow! 

 Love the Florida pictures in the bathroom.
 Complete even down to the adorable shower curtain!
The main bath is a green color and they used gray accents.  Love it! 
 (Yeah, the cat drinks water out of the sink.  Old, bad habit.  She remembered.)

 The main living area is gray.  I love the color and am so pleased with the look.  I'm a little scared to decorate.  I want it to be just right.  So right now, just right is just plain.
Words really can't express our gratitude for our family.  They did so much for us.  They say they wouldn't have done this for just anybody.  I'm glad that we aren't just anybody.  I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I saw your blog on Facebook! This post makes me just a little bit homesick for our house, too. I have to keep reminding myself a year and a half. a year and a half. I can do this for another year and a half. :)
    Congratulations and welcome home!

    ReplyDelete