Monday, March 18, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

All the girls wanted for Christmas were American Girl dolls.
 Their wish was granted.  (Thankfully there are cheaper options than the original doll.  Can you imagine 4 times $100?)  They loved them nonetheless.
 Wes isn't in any pictures.  I think we got rolling with the day and I forget to take more.  Plus, he got a shotgun.  And we don't play with guns.  Right?
Jake surprised us by hiding under the couch and reaching out to grab unsuspecting feet.
 Kara posing with her bag of clothes.
 Kara wanted "An American Brave Girl".  That was all.  Ashleigh had her name and wanted to get that for her.  So this is her reaction to opening the doll.  Priceless.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  That is what giving is all about, right?
 Brent bought some crackers (a Canadian and other countries' tradition) for the kids.  They had fun wearing the crowns and playing with the little toys inside.

 I knew that for the dolls to be really fun, they needed some clothes to change.  But I had a hard time spending $15+ for an outfit (and that was Target's or Walmart's brand).  So I started in October and sewed whenever I got the chance.  I made 12 outfits for each doll.  I also made some for our neighbor.  She made a couple for each of my girls as well.  It was a lot of time, but so worth it in the end.  And the best part was it didn't cost anything!  I just dug through my scraps of fabric.  I knew I was hanging on to small scraps for something.
The girls did a fashion show, so enjoy the pictures!


I made pajamas that matched each girls' pajama pants.





 (Sometimes they mix and match the outfits...I am totally fine with that!)




   
 My cute American Girl, Ashleigh.

These two are the outfits that Kim made for the girls.  What a trooper.  She made 5 of each outfit too!

It was so fun and rewarding to make the clothes for the girls.  It has been fun to make some for nieces now too.  

1 comment:

  1. so cute! you were busy. I like the fancy coat and how the hair do's are already changing.

    ReplyDelete