Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Erin and Ashleigh are 7!

It is so hard to believe that it has been seven years since two tiny babies came into our lives.  I can still remember the sleepless nights (vaguely), the double baby nursing pillow (my best friend), the double stroller (that was also my best friend), two babies snuggled up together in one crib, the terrible rash from the hormones, and plenty of smiles.
They have grown into cutie pies.  We love them a lot and all that they bring to our family.
For their birthday I wanted to redo their rooms.  Since my family painted their room a new color, I kind of wanted a different look.  I found these cute comforters at Target on Black Friday.  So I made some pillows to go with it.
The girls were pretty happy and surprised with their new rooms.
Erin's smile. 
 Erin's bed.  The gray pillow is my favorite.  I found the fabric and loved it, but it was $40 a yard.  So I kind of moved on.  Then...I was digging through the remnants and found this weird fabric that was turned inside out.  So I undid it a little and guess what!!! It was the gray fabric.  Enough for what I needed at 75% off.  Sold.  It is like knight's armor or fish scales.  I think it is very cool.
 Ashleigh's bed.  I made her blue one out of the dust ruffle that came with the comforter.  Their beds can't really have a dust ruffle.  We also put up curtains.
 I think Ashleigh likes her new bed.  It is great because they like to make their beds now and arrange the pillows.
 They wanted a friend party.  Groan.  I love my kids, but parties are such a hassle. So I figured we could kill two birds with one stone.  So I made it a snow man themed party.
I made a pinata.  

 That morning we woke up to a fresh layer of snow!  Perfect.
 The girls wanted snow hanging from the ceiling.  Brent did a good job!

 We made popcorn snowmen.  It was messy, but the girls liked doing it.
 All you need for a snowman...
 Gooey fingered girls.
 Then we tried our luck with the homemade pinata.  It worked great!!!
He lost his head.
 Then he broke open to spill his goodies!
 We played pin the nose on the snowman.
 
 He had quite a few to choose from in the end.
 We played mitten scramble.  The object was to find a match. What an action shot!
  It was a little dangerous when most of the girls were playing.  They slowly got eliminated as whoever didn't have a match had to sit out.
 Then we wrapped snowmen!  The object was to use the whole roll of toilet paper to wrap one girl, attach buttons, scarf and hat!  It was a fun one too.




 Then the birthday girls' favorite part!  Present opening!
 They made quite the haul.  Their friends were so generous.  They were even thoughtful to give the other twin a present as well.
 We didn't do cake for the party.  I figured the popcorn snowmen were enough.
But Erin and Ashleigh wanted a cat cake.  So I did my best to draw a cat on the cake.
 We usually do two cakes.  Two girls=two cakes.  This year I got away with only doing one.
 Then there was more present unwrapping!  I think they had a pretty fun birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment