Brent said I should start a blog about Cypress Woods Home Owners Association. I should have. But since we only have 1 1/2 months left and I'm keeping the blinds closed we shouldn't have any more problems. When we moved, we put our barbecue on the curb. The landscape workers loaded it up on their trailer and hauled it away. It worked fine. It was just a little rusty. That is how they work it here. If you have junk, then you put it on the curb. People drive by, like it, and take it. If it isn't taken, the garbage man will take it on Tuesdays. It is a great system. The condo has a barbecue so we put it to use last night. I got a phone call this morning. "This is ______ from _____ Property Management. (You know how to don't pay attention to names when you have no clue who they are.) We have a report that you have a gas grill on your balcony. Those are not allowed. If the fire department saw that, they would fine you $500. Where are you going to put it? (Then she interrupted herself.) It isn't even allowed on the property." I told her, "Thank you for letting me know the rules! I didn't know the rule about gas grills. I will take care of it. I will get rid of the gas grill. Thank you." I immediately went and put it back in the storage shed where it has been for the last 3 years. It isn't my gas grill and it isn't my property. Guess the owner might get in trouble.
If I were brave, this is the letter I would write to the lady a few doors down.
Dear Mrs. Fritz,
First of all I would like to send my condolences for the golf course. I am so sorry that it is under renovation and that you cannot utilize it. There are a lot of other things to do around Naples. I often see retirees at Costco. They have wonderful samples. You don't even have to buy lunch!! You just park your empty cart in the aisle and grab a sample. You don't even have to wait in the line. You can also just drive. The speed limit is 45, but you can either go 15 miles per hour under or over that. What ever you are most comfortable with. There is a lot of shopping around town too. I can't tell you how to get to any of the ritzy stores, just Target, Walmart, the grocery store, the dollar store and Costco.
I am so glad that my family and I have been able to give you something to do. I know it is a lot of work to keep a community in ship shape condition. This community is full of apartments, I mean condos, to keep track of. I know we have one too many kids (or five too many in your opinion) and that we turned the application/lease in 30 days late or on the day that we moved in. But the barbecue, that was too much.
My husband is very thoughtful and cute when it comes to holidays. He thinks things through to the very smallest detail. So for my mother's day dinner, he planned steak. Didn't it smell just scrumptious when it was grilling? Oh, is that how you noticed the grill?
I'm sorry that you do not have children of your own. I do not know your story but I can honestly say that I am sorry. You have missed out on some of life's greatest pleasures. Mother's Day brings extra kisses and hugs. It also brings several hand made cards with hearts, flowers, and "I love you"s. Sure motherhood is full of challenges as well. It isn't all roses and hearts. My time is often not my own. I am busy teaching, entertaining, loving, correcting, and driving. But the joy is my greatest payment.
Once again, thank you for giving my family attention. I hope that as you watch out your window, that you can see children laughing, maybe a brother helping a little sister, little girls finding pleasure in the beautiful flowers or the little bunnies that hide in the gardens. Maybe you will realize that children can be a pleasure. Their smiles can melt your heart and put a smile on your own face.
Sincerely,
A two month resident of Cypress Woods
Nicole Prime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh me, oh my! What a pain in the . . . you know what. They need to get a life - a real one!
ReplyDelete