Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gloria and Bob

A couple of days ago, I ran into a neighbor.  She was parked in the upstairs neighbor's parking spot.  So I assumed she lived upstairs.  I apologized and hoped that we weren't too loud.  She said they actually lived downstairs.  The upstairs neighbor had gone back north and he said they could park in his spot, which is closer to their condo.  She said she loves the sound of children.  It beat the sounds of silence any day!!!  Bless the lady!  She said, "Bob and I sit there and wonder what they could be doing.  We hear tap, tap, tap, slide."  Gloria was off to the post office to mail some of her shoes home to New Jersey.  Bob said to just leave them here, but she is much more practical than that.  So she was going to mail them while Bob was off golfing.  I thought it was cute how she kept referring to her husband, who I haven't met, by his name.  She also told me not to worry about Joanne (the HOA president's wife).  I didn't even mention anything about her.  I guess they are friends and had discussed us.  She said she just doesn't understand children because she never had any of her own.  What a shame.  Gloria and Bob have three children and six grandchildren.  So they love the sounds that children bring.  The best news yet: they leave today for New Jersey.  So fortunately for those around us, the upstairs, downstairs, and next door neighbors have all flown North for the Summer!

3 comments:

  1. See you are finding your silver lining all over Florida! The next two months are going to fly by... Funny to think that my little guy will be here in less then half that time. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for nice (and absent) neighbors!!! On a different note, if you guys have time, there will be a treehouse display at the botanical garden when you get here. The kids can play on them and they already look cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of cranky retirees! We will never be like that when it is our turn. We know there is too much in life to enjoy - mainly family!

    Can't even think about the day you pack up for reals and drive away. Whatever are Macey and Janiel going to do!

    ReplyDelete