Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Post Office Drama

Okay, this is my last posting about drama.  I know that I am sick of it.  No more drama!!!
I missed the mailman to sign for a certified letter.  It was coming from KW Property Management (the company who takes care of Summit Place). I was excited that this might be our deposit money back.  So I took the little slip down to the place that holds and sorts all the mail.  I waited for 20 minutes while they frantically searched for my letter.  No luck.  My mailman came to the window and apologized that he remembers filling the slip out but he has no idea where the letter went to.  He said it could possibly have been put in the outgoing mail and it would turn up definitely by Monday (this was Friday).  I was okay with that.  I am amazed that the post office does get most of the mail to where it is going in a timely fashion.  I told him that. Later that afternoon, when I was coming home from picking somebody up (can't remember my own comings and goings nowadays) he was there.  He had found the letter and had given it to Wes.  I thanked him.  Then he thanked me over and over for being so pleasant about it.  He said most people would not have been very nice. I can see that coming from this neighborhood.  Poor mailman.  
As I have had these negative things happen over the last few weeks, I can see how some people might start to become cynical.  It sometimes seems that the whole world is against you.  Why should you look out for anyone but yourself?  But I will not let my negative experiences determine who I am.  The letter turned out to just be a letter stating that we have no charges against us, so we are due our full deposit.  Now just waiting for that certified mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment