Thursday, May 17, 2012

Janiel's Friend Party

Janiel wanted to stretch her birthday out for as long as possible.  I really don't like doing friend parties, not sure why, but I thought this would be a good year to do it.  She has made some pretty cute friends over the last couple of years.  So we sent out invitations but I didn't know what we were going to do until the night before.  How's that for planning!
Papa Murphy's has mini pizza kits that the kids can make their own pizzas.  So we did that for dinner.  I should have taken a picture of that.  I think they enjoyed doing that.  Then we ate those with fresh fruit and vegetables (got to kind of make it healthy). 
We made button monograms.  It was pretty cute to see different personalities come out in their art.
Kara, Bethany, Macey and Kailee.
Camden, Ali, Ashleigh, Makayla and Janiel
After they had dried, I put them in a frame.  I thought they turned out pretty cute.  I later thought they would have been cuter on burlap.  So I redid Erin, Ashleigh, and Kara's onto the burlap.  Brent was disappointed that I ruined their creations...I did add a few more buttons to fill in the gaps, but I kept to their color scheme.

Makayla finishing her pizza during the craft.
 Then we opened presents.
 She got quite the stash.  It ranged from fingernail stuff, jewelry, art supplies and body spray.

 Then we decorated cupcakes.  I found an idea with marshmallows.  You cut them into five slices with scissors and toss them in a bag with colored sugar.  Then you just arrange the petals.  I think they turned out pretty cute.
 Makayla
 Ali
 Bethany
 Kailee
 Macey
 Camden
 Kara
 Janiel
 Ashleigh
 Erin
 Macey gave Janiel something she had created.  She named it Men in Black.  So cute and from the heart.
Then we played spin the bottle with nail polish until the parents showed up.  Who ever the cap points to paints one nail that color.  Then they spin a different color and keep going until every one has all their nails painted.  We had a fun time.  Glad the downstairs neighbors left the day before!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday. Looks like so much fun.. I love the cupcake idea what a cute party.

    ReplyDelete