Remember this post? How excited I was to get rid of my 1990's washer and dryer? I did my final cleaning on Monday and called the HOA/realtor of Summit Place to tell her I could do the final walk through any time after 4. She assured me that she didn't foresee any problems, so she would just do the walk through on Tuesday morning alone. I got an email early Tuesday morning wondering where the washer and dryer were. I emailed her back stating that they were ours, we were willing to leave them if (and only if) we could stay the last two months. We couldn't stay, so the washer and dryer didn't stay either. She emailed back wanting proof. The owners (who are a group of developers who bought the property along with 30 others and have no idea what is inside of each house) said they were his and they were included in the sale. They weren't there when we moved in and we were told that we only got what was there. The owners can't just claim that something was theirs. I luckily had saved the receipt showing that we purchased the used 1992 Kenmore washer and dryer in April 2011. (I had gone through my file and cleaned out tons of papers and receipts. I am thankful that somehow that receipt escaped the trash. It should have gone there, as we were done with it! Heavenly Father was watching out for us.) I also had the picture that I had taken for the craigslist posting. I asked her if Summit Place installed used Kenmore washers/dryers for their tenants. I told her to look on the inspection report. Probably shows Kenmore washer/dryer. I also told her to check out the move-in checklist that we filled out. She only had a one page list, but I know that I filled out a multiple page report. Can the owner prove that they were his? She didn't mention any of the reports or checklists, but said the receipt and picture were perfect, just what she needed to prove to the owner that they weren't his. Guess the new buyers just got a brand new washer and dryer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment