Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Wonderful Day in Salt Lake City

Brent, Melanie and I got to spend a wonderful day in Salt Lake.  Our first stop was to the temple.  It is always fun to go back and reminisce our own wedding day.  I am always amazed to think that pioneers, without the machinery that we have today, built this beautiful building.
 The grounds are always beautiful too.  Summer or winter, it is amazing.
 But the most beautiful thing we saw this day was the Browning Family.  
I first met Melva at church.  Her husband is a member and she decided to attend.  She is a sweet quiet woman.  I was able to go visit her at her home with the Relief Society President.  I was impressed with her kindness and friendliness.  She continued to come to church and investigate the gospel.  She wanted to learn to make jam so I had her over to make several batches of strawberry jam.  One night we had another baptism in our branch.  She came.  After she told me that she just had this feeling that she was next.  What a sweet, special day it was to attend Melva's baptism!  I felt privileged to be there.  
Then we got an invitation to attend their sealing in Salt Lake.  I couldn't wait.
The sealing was wonderful and it was special to see their boys sealed to them as well.
This picture is of the mission president of Tampa, Florida (President and Sister Summerhays) and Elder Packer from our branch.
 The Brownings and their family. 

 We got to have lunch in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  It was delicious and the view was spectacular. 
 We had a view of the capital building as well.
 And the Conference Center.
 Then we went on a tour of the conference center. 
 

 I always like seeing the statues of the prophets.
 This one was done by a lady who was our neighbor for a while.

 We even got to go on the roof!
 It was amazing to see the plants that were up there!


 The church was mindful of the neighbors.  They didn't want them to have to look at a huge cement building so they planted trees and bushes on the top.





 This side represents what the pioneers would have traveled through when they got to Salt Lake.



  So we had another great view of the temple.
 And the church office building.


It was a wonderful day.  We are so glad that we were able to see the Brownings and many people that came from Florida to support them!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful for you and the missionaries to be able to attend!!!

    ReplyDelete