Wes is a good boy. I have to remind my self sometimes. His biggest fault is teasing his sisters. It drives me batty. He know that and it some how brings him joy. I'm told that big brothers tease. It is their job. But he is a good boy where it matters most. We can hope that he will grow out of the teasing.
He recently earned his Life in Scouting. He also earned 5 more merit badges, getting him that much closer to an Eagle.
He had his 16th birthday. There are a lot of exciting things that happen when you are 16!
He is a priest now and blesses the sacrament. It is kind of special to hear your son's voice blessing the sacrament.
The girls always love to decorate. It doesn't seem like a party unless there are balloons and streamers.
Sixteen Candles (isn't that a song?)
He was excited to get his license. He took driver's ed, endured the driving range and survived the road portion. He felt scared for his life during the first day on the road. Another girl clearly had not practiced and scared the tar out of him. It is a bad sign when she doesn't even know to put it into drive to go. Luckily for him, she didn't show up the next day. It has been pretty handy to have another driver. He can take him self to hockey practice.
And he can date!!! I thought we might be able to wait a while on that one. But a cute girl had another idea!
On the back.
He just wanted it washed quickly in the sink to find out.
This was his idea to answer back:
The girls were so excited for his date.
I made them come inside though. Didn't want to scare her off before she got to the door.
One of the girls thought we should make her cookies. We did. I told Wes he didn't have to give them to her. He told the girls that they could give the cookies to Madelyne since they made them for her.
She was a darling girl! She is the oldest of six kids so she knows all about excited sisters!
Thanks to Facebook and Alex tagging Wes in the pictures, we are able to experience some of the date! They had a great time. I can tell by his genuine smile.
They went to Salt Lake for dinner at The Pie.
The went to City Creek.
They went to the capitol.
Alex's dad was the chauffeur. He said he was fun and did a good job disappearing.
Got to love the dance pictures!!!
It made me feel so good that a good girl like Madelyne would ask Wes. This means that he hangs out with good people. Sometime we don't know how our children behave outside of our presence. I'm glad that he attracts fun, cute, good girls!













How cool! I think one of my saddest things is that in Florida they didn't have fun dances like that for the guys & gals to experience.
ReplyDeleteCute!!! I love that the sisters were so excited :)
ReplyDelete